Monday, June 4, 2007

Think before you Pounce...

i got a forward mail:

'chk out the IIT gal rocking at IIT divas.. awesome one!!!'
http://www.youtopia.in/viewfile/4b57dd4bc29c669a8ff62bcd1a623413



I like to watch this video over and over again for more than one reasons.. fresh music, peppy anglo-hindi lyrics, and yes aahhhhhhmmmm watch the gal on the board with lilting movements and the poise she has.. seriously, her hips don't lie!

Cool that she was a student participating in the IIT music fest.. and, i jus fell for her with all those reasons above..

Then, jus a day later i saw one of my colleagues listening to the same song, watching the same gal but in a different ambience on the screen with a PAK Xclusive stamp on it.. now i get it... okies... it's a pakistani pop album and she has sung for it..so, she is not a student.. she is a pop singer!

so, lemme chk out this video again.. here's how i feel..
why is a pop singer presenting herself as an amateur dancer on the stage??
does she look tat very professional???
hhmmmmmmmmm..... i seriously wonder why do i think this way.. how could i contradict myself abt the same song sung by the same female which i adored a day back??


I see something/someone(sth/sb) and admire it for 'n' number of reasons.. and, when i get to know more about that sth/sb, i put them on a pedestal and start criticising it by giving 'n+1' reasons..

This happens often in our day to day lives.. we always relate(expect) the actions of any person to the image he/she has created in a group/society. aren't we jus dictating mentally as to how their actions shud be..? how sick!

wat if she is a student or pop singer??
who cares.. doesn't she enthrall us with her innocent voice?
doesn't she look good on stage with her movements?
doesn't she feel the pulse of audience?
tat is all that matters.... :)

and here we go
"i wish u could see urself the way i see ya,
u shine juss like a star mahia
cuz ur my only pyar mahia

maine tujh ko he dil may basaya
tu hi hai mera pyar mahia
tu hi hai mera pyar mahia

tu nay aisee adda say mujhay dekha
dil ho gya nisaar mahia
tu hi ha mera pyar mahia x2

tu nay aisee adda say mujhay dekha
dil ho gya nisaar mahia
tu hi ha mera pyar mahia x2
y dont u tell me mahi
ma mid at ease
how do u wish to see the loyalty in me
appnee wafa iqrar kya karoon
mar jaoon hudh ko jo tujh say juda karoon
tu nay aisee adda say mujhay dekha
dil ho gya nisaar mahia
tu hi ha mera pyar mahia x2
mahai u have set ma soul on fire
i felt juss like a rose mahia
when i was in ur arms mahia
i cant imagine that like without u where i'd be
i'm ur lady i'll go where ever u take me
terey beghair jeenay ki khaish nahin
main terey saath hoon lay chal mujh ko kahin
tu nay aisee adda say mujhay dekha
dil ho gya nisaar mahia
tu hi ha mera pyar mahia x2
mahia u've set ma soul on fire
i felt juss like a rose mahia
when i was in ur arms mahia
i don't care where we go or stay or what we do
ill take u r bain consider becuz i love u
jaisay bhi haal main rakhoo gay main rahoon
dukh bhi milay to pyar main haans kay sahoon
tu nay aisee adda say mujhay dekha
dil ho gya nisaar mahia
tu hi ha mera pyar mahia x2

i wish u could see urself the way i see ya
u shine juss like a star mahia
ur my only pyar mahia
maine tujhh ko he dil may bhasaya
tu hi mera pyar mahia X2
mahia u've set ma soul on fire
i felt juss like a rose mahia
when i was in ur arms mahia"

I write this blog as i'm watching the video for the nth time.. Each time i see it afresh and that never tires me :)

2 comments:

NIMAMI said...

"Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly."...probably this could also be the reason for your sudden shift of thoughts!...think over ;)

Confounded-Lady said...

Yeah...I sort ov agree with you at some level. With me, I sometimes dont know why I get hooked to some ppl/things/music/pcitures/moives and the more I indulge the more I'm magnetized..

I think its like a passing cloud.a cloud that passes by very quickly.

I was hooked on to this song Aayo re sakhi from the movie Water..by ARR..that kept me captivated and hooked for a month or so. thE MORE I d listen the more I d be fascinated by the instruments, percussions and vocal chords used in that piece of music.

But..now, its sounds like any other ARR flick except for the tinge of loyalty I still portray towards ARR s music.

hmm....you write good :)