Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Of Books and Me..

I've always had a great rapport with books right from my the time i realised i 'existed'...
  • short stories
  • absolutely long ones
  • poems
  • novels
  • epics
  • wat not!(no bragging) (but neva sth crap!)

i cud literally say that i grew with books... (now, don't relate to any panduish stuff.. plz...) the balcony in my terrace was a haven for me.. Leaning over the walls, in a small space, leaves of the coconut trees brushing aside, i had more than a conducive environment in my childhood days while i had books at my hand.. i've laughed rolling on the floor, teased the characters wishing they cud hear me, felt attached to many of them, cried n soon wiped away my tears not to be seen, lived some of the characters in the books for days together, was ready to spend an entire night to complete a book, bunked classes to read books and it goes on... words can't come between the bond i had developed with books.. College days came.. A fun package altogether.. Had lotsa ways to spend time... but still then i couldn't resist clinging to books cuz it was the better part of me.. i felt complete when i read books.. tat was until june 19th 2006

today is june 19th 2007

i've not even completed reading even a single book outta the 4 books i had bought..
  • Catch 22
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Winning
  • City Of Joy

And still more i had downloaded from the net a whole lot of books that counts to nearly 8 GB..

Not even OnE have i completed reading ! huh...

Lack of Time(that's a kinda lame excuse) due to joining this profession is what i'm attributing to half the stuff i've left undone..

i get up in the morning looking forward to read xyz novel in pdf i had left open and half way through it, on my office system .. and there i go giving the brightest of my smiles to ppl i meet on my way.. i login to the system.. there's is my pdf smiling at me.. :)
wait for sometime dear book, i'll check my mails...
and after that the day isn't mine ..


onsite co-rdinator: do resolve the issue and mail me the results by eod, meaning end of day (whose eod??.. cuz, sometimes the Indian Stretchable Time goes until his eod)

team lead: why so late kavitha? we could have called our onsite co-ordinator had u come before ten.. anyways, resolve the issue assigned to u by end of the day..

proj lead: so, kavitha.. have u prepared the quality docs(to hell with 'em) that i told u yesterday?
CMMI audit is jus a week away..

me: @ oc : sure mr.oc.. will keep you updated on the results.
@team lead: don't worry.. we'll call him this evening(wat's the use!)
@ proj lead : ok.. .. worthless job again.. huh..

i huff.. puff.., hunt here and there for resolving the code, and ahh.. finally i get it!! Gotcha :)
i solved it.. i solved it.. ..

time: between 6 p.m. this day to until (stretchable)a.m next day..

by that time, my pdf had been lost under the innumerable files that i had kept open for whole day long without reading a word... sigh! i feel bad... (that's the least i can do..), catch the cab back home, fall fast asleep...

But then frm today it isn't gonna be my regular 19th june '06 to 19th june '07 days..

i've started a book and will finish it asap.. i am not gonna name the book for you now.. but, will be back with a blog soon, sharing my views on it .. :)

2 comments:

Confounded-Lady said...

hehe...nicely writen.
Fancy a bookie like you not being able to read in such a long time.
Read.
And give reviews.
Me the waiting :D

senthil kumar dhanasekaran said...

he he.. reminds me of my early years in the industry.. luckily i didnt go thro as much of "Onsite" trouble as uve experieced.. in a couple of years u'll get used to it.. :)