Monday, February 23, 2009

Parts of I, Me and Myself..

I love to be nostalgic.


Yes. I love to smile and feel good over the things/happenings of the past.


My house is being painted all over again.. That's the time when you get to see all those stuff which had been hidden/treasured at the nook and corner of every shelf and wardrobe, due to any specific reason. But the motive is to just to Save it.. :)

This weekend when i landed at home i preferred staying at the first floor rather than coming down cuz, the house was in such an organized mess (?!?) and also i didn't like the color of the paint in our dining room which occupies the largest space in my house. Saturday went on with the usual routine of eating-sleeping-watching TV in any order.. And Sunday i had to choose to do some work, cuz my parents were not at home and i had some 'responsibilities' entrusted.. So, I decided to go around the house and look out for anything that might attract my attention from the 'organized' mess.

There was a small pile of books and few colored papers at the corner of the living room. I knew those books were mine and some of those were my sister's. Those books were my biology and physical science records, map drawing note books, my small poem diary (!!), my collection of a few paintings and pencil sketches, my school diary and a neat little address book that i used to maintain but never had a chance to refer to the addresses.

I was quite good at drawing . Turning over the pages of my biology records brought memories of me sitting at wee hours in the night completing each and every diagram to its perfection and my satisfaction. Berry, Pome, Hesperidium, Aggregate fruits, the specimens of each and every Phyla in my Biology record has been drawn with such amount of attention and care, that no wonder i got comments not less than 'Neat' and 'Very good' all over! I never felt like keeping the record down and it was so much a part of me in those pages.. And my Map drawing note book contained close to 60 maps of India wherein each and every map was unique to me in the color combination I had used. It was like some fine art for me. I used to experiment each and every map with colors, shades and it was joy to play with colors! And my poem book.. well, I used to write' poems . Period. But I had shown it to none for it was like a secret possession to me. A few sheets of Pencil Sketches.. I had completely forgotten that i had 'done' such kind of things since when i had safely placed/guarded them in a neat file inside another big file :) i remembered how my parents praised me for the sketches i made and my mom was keen on framing those! And my school diaries, school magazine editions and the Cluny Blossoms editions.. Fabulous memories!

I now carry these memories with such pride cuz, they remind me of things i did that are close to my heart.. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Well we here have a multi talented girl...
hey i wud love to see that 60 Maps of India and your other drawings...
Wondering if u can sketch some portraits..if yes...thn u hav my number... :)

Unknown said...

hey... never thought you were a poet also...
y dont you post some of your poems in this blog ?????

~*kavita*~ said...

@ guru: [bows] [bows] [bows] I'm honored.. i would beam with joy to show u the maps and sketches.. and abt poems,... hmmmmm ;) tat's my secret possession.. anyways, i'll put them into a new blogspot altogether and name it Anonymous !