Friday, May 29, 2009

What I did this Summer ?

This Summer I DID NOT

  • Reach office before 10 in the morning and had a date with the sun everyday.
  • Follow the diet regime that i had framed for myself to stay fit (read 'somewhat slim' :D)
  • Wish my team mate, on his birthday, inspite of making note of it everyother day to wish him on his birthday right from 10 days before his birthday. Here's to him : "Happy birthday Vishnu :) " (to vishnu: may be i forgot to wish u, but u cud never forgot the so-called 'gift' :P)
  • Remember to fill petrol nearly twice, that left me rushing to MTC bus stops on mornings
  • Buy the FM transistor for the watchman though i promised to, a week back.
  • Update the blog frequently as promised to myself.


I DID

  • Have a hair cut- a layer cut to be precise. But the hair was cut shoulder short, that it took two days for me to accept that I have hair falling until my shoulders only, not even an inch below that :(
  • Spend my weekend time chatting with the grand parents in the flat above mine, which was interesting i should tell you. We discussed nearly everything under the sun.
  • Eat home-made Raspberry muffins specially prepared by the grand-mother mentioned above. Too yummy!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Learn finding an art gallery having paintings of my choice in Chennai is difficult.
  • Buy a gold ring and a short chain from Tanishq. Source of money : Dad
  • Join Inner Engineering program by Isha being conducted at office
  • Enjoy the pleasnt rain showers and thunderstorms in the middle of the month.
  • Realise that I did gift people on days when they least expected it.
  • Tan myself more leaving patterns of black and white (slightly exaggerated) on my arms due to watch and bracelet.
  • Prepare theratti pal which tasted like ambrosia (atleast for me!)
  • Acquaint with the watchman and his wife at my apartment so well that narrating all that happened right from the morning to me became a routine for them.
  • Get appreciations from my TL and managers for the demo sessions I have been handling on the company's internal tool.
  • Realise that people are curious to read what i write on this scribbling pad.


If you are still reading this, you do deserve a big spoonful of theratti pal prepared by me :)

8 comments:

NIMAMI said...

I did read...parcel anuppivey...my tokyo address is on my orkut page....
'm not jokin' !!

Kuttlu said...

Nice blog..keep continuing..:)Bring me that theratti pal tomorow..:D

Balaji Vasan said...

blogging spree suddenly, two posts on the same day! Keep rocking kavi!

~*kavita*~ said...

@manasa: :) i'll not give u fish, but rather teach u fishing!
hope u have read my blog on 'Aroma' too :)

@kuttlu: kuttlu dear, thanks for ur comment.. but the next time u comment, make sure that u atleast post one blog in ur page. that wud be like returning my favor....

@bv: thanks thanks ... :) always, thideer gyaanodayam happens to me!

Prasad said...

good good.. kalakkarai kavitha! way to live..

Prabhu Chinnappan said...

Oops...making me afraid of chn weather :-(.
btw am waitin for "Theratti paal".

~*kavita*~ said...

@prasad: thanks prasad! :)

@prabhu: as if chennai experiences summer only a month in a year! nowadays, chennai's weather has become unpredictable, that we do not know when it is hot , hotter or hottest!

u needn't be afraid of it.. be prepared to endure it :)

Prabhu Chinnappan said...

awaitin to come bck ( hope will be thr soon in a month of time)...hv to eat chilli bhajji, beach corn, roadside parotta, fast food fried rice, etc etc)...